Join Sheffield Running Club and enjoy training runs, entries to races, club discounts and news about forthcoming races and events.
Come along to one of our evening training sessions for a trial run. Once you’ve decided you want to join our annual membership fees are:
We only charge an extra £1 for online payment with Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account to pay online through Paypal.
Annual Subscriptions for 2017/18
Please note that membership runs until 31st March 2018 (definitions further down the page.)
- Senior Men/Women (20 years & over) – £25 (Paypal £26)
- Junior Men/Women (16 years & < 20 years) – £20 (Paypal £21)
- Unwaged, retired, students – £20 (Paypal £21 )
- Second Claim (all categories), Associates – £15 (Paypal £16)
Pay securely by Paypal. (We charge an extra £1 for PayPal)
Benefits of joining the club
- An England Athletics Competition Licence, which gives you runners’ insurance and discounted entry to pretty much any road or cross country event.
- Free entry to a whole host of local, regional and national races including the South Yorkshire Road Race League, South Yorkshire Cross Country League; Yorkshire, Northern and National Cross Country and Road Relay events which are only available to club members.
- Club Training sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays from English Institute of Sport, hill runs and longer weekend runs led by qualified and experienced coaches.
- You will also receive a weekly newsletter to keep you updated about events and local races.
- We offer all the range of running gear embedded with the Sheffield Running Club logo. Visit our online kit shop and buy securely with PayPal. Items will be delivered free of charge.
- Expert advice from experienced coaches and racers, to help you achieve your aims and get the most out of your running. Our coaches will create bespoke training plans to meet your goals
- 15% discount at Up and Running. Just quote ‘Sheffield Running Club’ at checkout. Only available in store.
Senior Men/Women: Men and women aged 20 years & over, who are not part of another member of another running, or have resigned from another running club in order to join Sheffield Running Club. If you have resigned from another club, we may ask you for a copy of the resignation email from your previous club in order to complete the transfer.
Junior Men/Women: Men and women aged 16 years and over but under 20 years old, who are not part of another member of another running club, or have resigned from another running club in order to join Sheffield Running Club. If you have resigned from another club, we may ask you for a copy of the resignation email from your previous club in order to complete the transfer.
Unwaged, retired and students: Men and women of all ages, who are not in current employment, who are in receipt of a pension, or are in full time education*.
Second Claim (all categories): You are already a member of another running club, but wish to take part in regular training sessions or races as part of Sheffield Running Club.
Associates: You wish to join the running club, but will not be participating in any competitive races. As such you won’t be registered with England Athletics, and cannot take part in any races as part of Sheffield Running Club. If you wish to compete in events, you can upgrade your membership later on.
*Please note you must be 16 years or over to run with or join SRC.
Feedback from a recently joined member:
“Thank you for your email and thanks to all the members tonight who made me feel so welcome on my first EVER club running. Apologies for not staying for the committee afterwards but Wednesday mornings are a 4.30am rise for work. I am aiming to get to the club meets every Thursday and occasionally on Tuesdays (work calls regrettably on about 3 out of 4 Tuesday evenings).
What most attracted me to the club is the diversity of the members and how easy it was to be made welcomed.
I’m looking forward to meeting all the members over time and of course lots more running.
Please pass on my extra thanks to Mike and Dave (I think that’s the right names) for their help tonight.”