THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED, NEW DATE IS SATURDAY 20TH JANUARY 2018
Online entries are now closed. Entries on the day are available.
The Sheffield Open Cross Country Races will take place in Graves park, Sheffield on Sunday 20th January, 2018, starting at 11.00am
This is a fast yet challenging course and ideal preparation for the cross country championships. Open to all club athletes, primary and secondary school runners.
Entries on the day:
- £7.00 Juniors
- £9.00 Seniors & Veterans
- £11.00 Unaffiliated Seniors & Veterans
Download an application form
Postcode for satnav S8 8QE
About the Race
- Changing & showering facilities are available in Graves Park Pavilion, S8 8QE.
- Results will be on this website after the race.
Under UKA rules – permit number 2016058
Prizes and Awards
- First 3 in each junior age group
- First team in each age group (3 to score)
- First 3 senior males; first 3 senior females
- First male U/20; O/40; O/50; O/60. first female U/20; O/35; O/45; O/55
- First senior male team (3 to score)
- First senior female team (3 to score)
- (One prize per runner plus team prize)
- £50 cheque each to the winner of the senior men and senior women races
- All other prizes in the form of vouchers provided by our sponsors Up & Running
- Prize Presentation in the Pavilion -Juniors after each race, Seniors @ 2.15pm
No PayPal account necessary, you can pay with credit or debit card when paying online.
Please note that you need to add up the total entry cost when you pay the fee on the PayPal page
Entries close Friday, 8th December at 6.00pm. Entries on the day: £2 extra.
11.00 Under 11 Girls 1 x small lap 1.5km 11.15 Under 11 Boys 1 x large lap 2.5km 11.20 Under 13 Girls 1 x large lap 2.5 km 11.35 Under 13 Boys 2 x small laps 3 km 11.40 Under 15 Girls 2 x small laps 3 km 11.55 Under 15 Boys 1 large lap + 1 x small lap 4 km 12.00 Under 17 Girls 1 large lap + 1 x small lap 4 km 12.25 Under 17 Boys 2 x large laps 5 km 12.45 Senior, Junior, Veteran Women 2 x large laps + 1 x small lap 6.5km 13.15 Senior, Junior, Veteran Men 4 x large laps 10 km
The Harry Whitehurst Memorial 10k
Harry Whitehurst was a member of Sheffield United Harriers and an England international when he was
tragically killed in a road accident in the early 1960’s. In recognition of his achievements, Harry’s family donated a memorial trophy which was competed for annually with Trevor Wright, Jim Alder, Gerry North and Ron Hill among the previous winners until 1978 when it was won by Roy Bailey of Sheffield AC.
The race was resurrected in 2009 and the 2015 winner was Ashenafi Erkolo of Sheffield RC in 36 minutes 34 seconds.