The Sheffield Open Cross Country Races will take place in Graves Park, Sheffield on Saturday 19th January 2019, starting at 11.00am.
This is a fast yet challenging course and ideal preparation for the cross country championships. Open to all club athletes, primary and secondary school runners, and unaffiliated athletes.
Entries in advance (each category £2.00 extra on the day):
- £5.00 Juniors
- £7.00 Seniors & Veterans
- £9.00 Unaffiliated Seniors & Veterans
You do not need a PayPal account to pay online, you can use your credit or debit card to pay – Read more from PayPal–>
Application Form and Flyer
Postcode for satnav S8 8QE
About the Race
- Changing & showering facilities are available in Graves Park Pavilion, S8 8QE.
- Results will be on this website after the race.
- Please note there is no parking for runners at Graves Park Pavilion. We recommend parking considerately on local streets.
Under UKA rules – permit number 2019016
Prizes and Awards
- First 3 in each junior age group (U11, U13, U15 boys & girls)
- First team in each age group (3 to score)
- First 3 senior males; first 3 senior females
- First male U/17; U/20; O/40; O/50; O/60. first female U/17; U/20; O/35; O/45; O/55
- First senior male team (3 to score)
- First senior female team (3 to score)
- (One prize per runner plus team prize
- £50 cheque each to the winner of the Senior Men and Senior Women races
- All other prizes in the form of vouchers provided by our sponsors Up & Running
- Prize Presentation in the Pavilion – Juniors after each race, Seniors @ 2pm
No PayPal account necessary, you can pay with credit or debit card when paying online.
Please note that you need to add up the total entry cost when you pay the fee on the PayPal page
Entries close Thursday, 17th January 2019 postal & online. Entries on the day: £2.00 extra.
11.00 Under 11 Girls 1 x small lap 1.5km 11.15 Under 11 Boys 1 x large lap 2.5km 11.20 Under 13 Girls 1 x large lap 2.5 km 11.35 Under 13 Boys 2 x small laps 3 km 11.40 Under 15 Girls 2 x small laps 3 km 11.55 Under 15 Boys & Under 17 Girls 1 large lap + 1 x small lap 4 km 12.30 Under 17 Men & Junior Women 2 x large laps 5 km 12.30 Senior & Veteran Women 2 x large laps + 1 x small lap 6.5km 13.00 Junior Men 3 x large laps 7.5 km 13.00 Senior & Veteran Men 4 x large laps 10 km
The Harry Whitehurst Memorial 10k
Harry Whitehurst was a member of Sheffield United Harriers and an England international when he was tragically killed in a road accident in the early 1960’s. In recognition of his achievements, Harry’s family donated a memorial trophy which was competed for annually with Trevor Wright, Jim Alder, Gerry North and Ron Hill among the previous winners until 1978 when it was won by Roy Bailey of Sheffield AC.
The race was resurrected in 2009 and the 2018 winner was Dane Blomquist of Aldershot, Farnham & District AC in 35 minutes 59 seconds.