- Give running a try, but don’t know how to start?
- Feel fitter and healthier?
- Make friends with like minded people in a safe and supportive environment?
- Have lots of fun?
Then this great new Learn-2-Run programme is for you!
- Two sessions per week led by England Athletics qualified coaches and run leaders
- A structured plan for the duration of the programme
- Advice on many aspects of running, including nutrition, footwear, racing and injury prevention
- Telephone and email support whenever you need it
- Membership to Sheffield Running Club upon completion of the programme (to end of March next year)
What can I expect?
- Nine weeks of coached sessions
- Gradually build your endurance until you can run for 5km/30 min non-stop
- Learn good technique practices from our England Athletics qualified coaches
How much is it?
The Learn-2-Run programme costs just £40
Places are limited, so contact us now for more information or sign up today with our online form at the bottom of this page.
The next Learn-2-Run programme starts on Tuesday 26th September 2017, with a launch on Thursday 21st September 2017.
(Please note the launch is held in the main cafe at EIS, not the cafe by Reception. Go past Reception, turn left and follow the corridor all the way to the end – the main cafe is the last door on your left.)
The course runs on Tuesdays and Thursday evenings for 9 weeks from the start date above, meeting at 6pm at EIS Sheffield, with our qualified EA leaders who will plan a route and give you the details of the sessions. There is also a 3rd ‘homework’ session which we encourage you to do at some point over the weekend – the Thursday leader will tell you what the homework is each week. The programme is designed to build you up gradually from walking to running: the first session starts with 60 seconds continuous running, with walking breaks in-between, and increases week by week until you’re running 30 minutes continuously. There is a 5km parkrun graduation at the end of the 9 weeks – we usually run at Rother Valley parkrun as it’s a one lap route and flat around the lakes.
The next Learn-2-Run programme starts on Tuesday 26th September 2017, 6pm at EIS and runs for 9 weeks. There will also be a launch night on Thursday 21st September, 6pm at EIS where you’re welcome to come down and ask us any questions before committing.